18 months of destruction
Some eighteen months ago, Ontarians sent the Conservatives to Queen’s Park. Here is a partial list of what they have destroyed in that year-and-a-half:
- Fired hundreds of teachers;
- Fired more than 300 staff at Erinoak Kids;
- Cut more than $100 million in badly-needed school repairs;
- Scrapped debt-free post-secondary tuition;
- Cancelled three Ontario post-secondary campuses;
- Ended the Green Ontario Fund;
- Eliminated Ontario’s carbon-reducing, revenue-neutral Cap-and-Trade method for reducing greenhouse gases;
- Cancelled renewable energy projects that replace fossil-fuel electricity or electricity imports;
- Ended OHIP+ for youth under 25;
- Cut $1 billion from health care and child care services;
- Scrapped the Basic Income Pilot Project that was helping lift people out of poverty in important test markets;
- Cancelled a minimum wage increase that assisted the neediest Ontarians;
- Squandered $1 billion to put beer into corner stores.
There is more incompetence, waste, and nastiness toward Ontario’s most vulnerable to come. Help Ontario get sanity back into government. Click the link on this page at right to make a donation to the Mississauga-Streetsville Provincial Liberal Association.