Your extra stuff = our essentials
What’s taking up space in your basement, your garage, your office or your storage area could be exactly what we need to equip our office and our people as we wage our 2018 election campaign in Lisgar, Meadowvale and Streetsville.
Perhaps you have a working fridge you’d like to see the end of. We need one or two of them. Usually people give it to us on the condition that it be recycled after the election, and we pick it up from you. And if you want it back, it will be returned right after the election in clean condition.
For information, call Campaign Manager Tom Lewis at (905) 542-3725 That is (905) LIBERAL on a telephone keypad.
If you have what we need, and its value is measurable, we will give you a tax receipt, valid for your 2018 income tax return next year. It is based on the fair-and-reasonable value of what we use or borrow from you.
Check the list below, and if you have what we need, consider donating it, or lending it, to our campaign. If it is a loan, place a tag or a removable sticker that will be on your property through the campaign, and enable us to easily get your item back to you in mid-June.
Office and furniture items:
- Office or stacking chairs; (Come see us, we have most of what we need)
- Filing cabinets;
- Two to five folding tables (Got them, thanks!);
- One or two refrigerators;
- Four or five office desks; (Might need one or two more)
- Desk and floor lamps;
- Shelving units; (Might need one more)
- Three floor fans.
Consumables that we will use:
- Boxes or packages of 20 lb 8½ x 11 plain white letter-size paper;
- Boxes or packages of 20 lb 8½ x 14 plain white legal-size paper;
- Clipboards, preferably legal (we’ll return these);
- Felt markers and highlighters;
- Flip chart pads;
- File folders: both letter-size and legal-size;
- Garbage and recycle bags;
- Plastic and paper plates and plastic forks, knives and spoons;
- Paper and plastic cups;
- Soft drinks and water;
- Cable ties of various lengths.
- Tools and equipment:
- Two or three heavy mallets;
- Staple guns and staples;
- Wooden stakes (check with us first).
Food you can donate or prepare:
The great part about being in the Mississauga-Streetsville Provincial Liberal election campaign is the range of people you meet, and the wide variety of great food you can try.
Perhaps you can cook and bring over something for the hard-working volunteers in the campaign to enjoy for lunch or dinner. Check with Campaign Manager Tom Lewis, who will help suggest something you are able to prepare, and that our volunteers will enjoy.